Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

child benefit and tax for wages over 50k

(3 Posts)
mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Sun 29-Sep-13 09:11:50

hi, quick query. dh and i both have a private pension (me a stakeholder ). he is the only wage earner and earnsjust over 50k but has a company car which really pushes the tax up to nearer 60.
my question is. can he claim for my pension as well as his. i dont work, dont claim benefits.
thank you for any advice.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 29-Sep-13 12:04:44

No. You are taxed separately and any allowances for things like pension contributions are also separate.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Sun 29-Sep-13 21:57:43


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now