Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Going self employed & tax credits?

(3 Posts)
Michelle78 Wed 11-Sep-13 19:31:08

Hi this is my first post but hoping someone can help. My DH is finishing full time employment soon to study, he will also be working part time on a freelance basis. Do I need to inform tax credits straight away or wait until April when I have his self employed earnigs?

Thanks in advance

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 12-Sep-13 06:52:10

Any big change in circumstances should be advised straight away.

ChristineTWD Fri 13-Sep-13 12:29:25

Yes inform Tax credits straight away and also don't forget to inform HMRC of his commencement of self employment as soon as possible. He will need to complete a 2014 self assessment tax return.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now