Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

can you accept horrid bank letters without going all tight chested

(7 Posts)
Moomin Tue 06-Jun-06 21:21:22

i went back to work yesterday after taking 3 extra months off with dd2 and we are just starting to see the repercussions from the dip in our income.

thank the lord i will be paid again at the end of this month but over the past few weeks i've had four (count them FOUR) nasty letters from the bank charging me £30 each time. and then today we had a letter from the building society saying our mortgage repayment was rejected by the bank so i need to sort that out tomorrow as well and try to get it paid.

we took out a o% credit card to tide us over and now that's up to the agreed limit. we won't starve but it's made me feel all tight-chested. part of me thinks 'oh well, other people are worse off than us and it's only temporary' and part of me thinks 'oooooooooooooh my god this is awful'.

can anyone make me feel any better?!

jofeb04 Tue 06-Jun-06 21:27:02

lol, we get plenty of these, hence why i am laughing.
I now read them, shread them and bin them (I do most banking online, so can always check at a click of a button).

Moomin Tue 06-Jun-06 21:35:14

well done for laughing! but do you just see it as part and parcel of life in general - or a temporary thing - or are you laughing cos if you don't you'd cry?! sorry for being nosey

TooTicky Tue 06-Jun-06 21:40:48

Gives me a nasty scared feeling in my tummy. Why are banks so mean and horrid? Money in general terrifies me - or lack of it!

Gillian76 Tue 06-Jun-06 21:44:30

Have you seen the thread on bank charges, Moonin?

Gillian76 Tue 06-Jun-06 21:45:52

here

Moomin Tue 06-Jun-06 21:51:14

yes thanks - i've already drafted one letter out but didn't post it because i'm scared the bank will pull the plug on me before i get the chance to tell them to eff off i hate feeling so vulnerable even though i know it's not forever

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: