Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How to get a loan for dental work when I'm on benefits?

(4 Posts)
GrandPoohBah Mon 01-Jul-13 16:44:58

A lot of dentists have interest free payment plans?

Or, alternatively ask for a referral to a dental hospital - they may be looking for guinea pigs for students and also, I would imagine that if its affecting your eating it shouldn't be classed as a cosmetic procedure and come under NHS dentistry - for some reason I think the hospitals are more able to make that call?

ClementineKelandra Mon 01-Jul-13 16:41:02

I am to a certain extent unfortunately it doesn't cover braces.

HerrenaHarridan Mon 01-Jul-13 15:59:58

If your on benefits you may be entitled to free dental treatment. Check with your dentist

ClementineKelandra Mon 01-Jul-13 15:52:31

I desperately need to raise 3k but have no idea how to do it as nobody will give me a loan due to me being on income support. I need the money to pay for braces as my over bite and tooth crowding has got so bad that its affecting my eating.

I've looked at log book loans and other similar companies but their interest rates are extortionate! I have nothing to sell either.

Does anybody know of any company that would lend to somebody in my position?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now