Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

childminder claiming expenses for beach hut rent

(5 Posts)
moogalicious Sun 30-Jun-13 17:08:08

Thanks that's great!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 29-Jun-13 20:51:20

I imagine there would be a calulation something like

Weekly rent, divide by 7 days to arrive at a daily rent. Divide daily rent by total number of people using the facility (cm, their children, the minded children) multiply by the number of minded children to get a daily pro rata rate, multiply by number of days worked that week, claim that final figure as expenses.

Or something.

MortifiedAdams Sat 29-Jun-13 16:48:22

Yes they can. Not the whole cost, but a percentage. I would assume it would have to be covered by their insurance tho as a place of their out of which they can childmind.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 29-Jun-13 16:44:39

I would think a percentagee, yes, but am no expert.

moogalicious Sat 29-Jun-13 14:06:55

Just quick question - can a childminder claim back the cost of their beach hut rent on their tax return. I'm assuming they don't take their mindees there all year round, so perhaps just a percentage?


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now