Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

community care grants???

(6 Posts)
CherryMonster Mon 24-Jun-13 10:24:43

i have been trying to move house for years and have the chance now. was going to apply for a community care grant to hep with the costs, but have just discovered that they no longer do them. does anyone know if there is any alternative help available for low income families with disabled children. i cant keep sleeping in the living room any longer.

floatyjosmum Mon 24-Jun-13 12:15:34

There is the frank buttle trust - need a professional to apply for it. I know they won't pay deposits etc but do help with other bits

PearlyWhites Mon 24-Jun-13 12:24:33

You could try the family fund

JakeBullet Mon 24-Jun-13 12:31:21

Would you be eligible for a Budgeting Loan?

JakeBullet Mon 24-Jun-13 12:36:41

A budgeting loan will lend up to £1500 although I have had one recently and despite never having had one before they would only lend me £800. It has allowed me to do some work to DS's room and I am fairly sure it can be used to help,with costs of moving etc.

CherryMonster Mon 24-Jun-13 12:37:07

had a recent buttle grant to pay for ds2's school residential, already applying to famiy fund and cant get a budgeting loan as am about to sign off income support due to partner moving in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now