Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Really annoyed >:-{ Grrr

(9 Posts)
ChrissieTay Thu 20-Jun-13 21:33:51

hmm Ok, So since my hubby's Stroke back in Sept 2012, and his cognitive function defects as a result, he has been rejected twice for DLA - So, why have I just read that alcoholics and drug addicts are eligible for this benefit yet somebody who has been brain damaged and has lost certain functions isn't ?! Then to top it off, I read people on Netmums all for these addicts and in agreement that they should in fact get the benefit??! So so angry right now confused

Babyroobs Thu 20-Jun-13 22:02:02

I can completely understand why you are so annoyed, can you appeal the DLA decison ?

Viviennemary Thu 20-Jun-13 22:20:20

I too understand why you are annoyed. I think there is a Stroke Association. Perhaps they could help with this.

Viviennemary Thu 20-Jun-13 22:21:45

Or Citizen's Advice Bureau are very helpful.

MikeLitoris Thu 20-Jun-13 22:24:57

I've been through similar wirh FIL. He had a serious accident in work that left his left leg pretty much useless. His right leg already had problems due to polio as a child.

He relies on two crutches and serious pain meds. Spends some days too drugged up to speak. Cant get upstairs to use the toilet or get into his own bed.

Not a penny in dla and has to sign on for JSA.

Absolute joke.

PearlyWhites Fri 21-Jun-13 00:22:18

You may find he qualifies for pip it emphasis different care needs than dla.

PolterGoose Fri 21-Jun-13 18:46:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheNorthWitch Fri 21-Jun-13 19:03:46

CAB can help with appeals if DLA turned down so worth a try.

34DD Sat 22-Jun-13 11:26:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now