Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

where's a good house insurance company?

(6 Posts)
fairyglo Wed 31-May-06 14:01:38

Increasingly fed-up with bad service. Any recommendations for good companies for house and buildings insurance?

TheBlonde Wed 31-May-06 14:08:07

esure or norwich union

CountessDracula Wed 31-May-06 14:08:23

More Than have been great for us

Darciesmum Wed 31-May-06 20:59:11

I work for Masterquote, we are pretty good for House policies

phone number if 0870 606 1346

hope that helps

julienetmum Wed 31-May-06 21:52:55

Liverpool Victoria are great. Their premiums are pretty reasonable but I would gladly have paid twice as much for the service they gave when we were broken into.

They telephoned me about 6 times the first day just to check things had happened (like the locksmith was coming to changed the locks, then to make sure he had actually been and to inform me what was happening.

All our stuff was replaced on new for old and when there was a delay with our hi-fi system being out of stock they offered us a much better model so we didn;t have to wait.

And this was for a break in where there were no signs of forced entry so they could have been funny about it.

neena28 Wed 31-May-06 22:04:06

More than also very good for us and it is a bit of a weird one to insure for various reasons.

They gave best price and when we claimed (for idiot dp watching tv during an overhead thunderstorm!! It blew up!) they were very helpful and friendly, especially as when they turned up to collect the tv I was in hospital having dd and had forgotten they were coming!

Gave us a good price for tv but be warned they give you vouchers not cash that you have to spend at Currys/Dixons/Comet so you can't really shop around as much as you might.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: