Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

who can i report a crap builder to?

(4 Posts)
kbaby Sun 28-May-06 21:37:03

Does anyone know.

Our builder has left us with an extension which is now turning out to be appaling, ie leaky roof etc.
Who can I report him to or how can I try and get him to come back and fix it?

LIZS Sun 28-May-06 21:41:12

Local Trading Standards and /or whatever trade association(s) he claimed to be part of.

morningpaper Sun 28-May-06 21:42:58

You need to try and settle it with him first

What guarantee did you get with it?

We had a big problem with a builder but couldn't get anywhere - there is no real way of complaining - for Trading Standards you will need a report from another builder saying that your Crapbuilder is Crap, and we couldn't find a builder prepared to do that - they were all shit-scared of Crapbuilder and said he would kill them

kbaby Mon 29-May-06 17:47:42

Hmm.. its not looking good then. Weve called him twice and hes said he would come around and look but hasnt.
DH is documenting everything and is going to hand deliver a list of the things that are wrong this week. But were stuck if he still doesnt do anything and of course out of pocket by getting another builder to repair his work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: