Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits and DLA

(14 Posts)
jambuttie Sun 28-May-06 20:24:21

Hi

Looking for some info and hoping you can help.

We are awaitng our decision in writting on the DLA awarded to DT2. We are also aware tha we may be awarded a disability amount on child tax credits.

Can anyone advise me please if the tax credits awars is on a certain rate of DLA or all?

Many Thanks
Jambuttie
x

misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:29:43

think its middle and high rate dla.

jambuttie Mon 29-May-06 09:46:28

thanks misdee

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 29-May-06 09:52:23

I thought it was on any but you got a higher rate for severely disabled (High rate DLA).

probably just confused you completely now jammie.

jambuttie Mon 29-May-06 10:33:43

cheers sagga.

looking on the website isn't very clear either hun.

I took it to be any amount but am very new to this so thought I would ask you experienced peeps.

onlyjoking9329 Mon 29-May-06 10:49:29

i think its given on middle and high rate but you get different amounts of tax credit for the different dla levels

onlyjoking9329 Mon 29-May-06 10:49:42

i think its given on middle and high rate but you get different amounts of tax credit for the different dla levels

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 29-May-06 10:55:37

Disability Alliance website says you can get-

a disabled child element - for each child within the family on disability living allowance (DLA) or who is registered blind;

and

a severely disabled child element - for each child within the family on the higher rate care component of DLA.

Carers allowance is just middle and high.

jambuttie Tue 30-May-06 23:31:07

informed them today and they said they will adapt the award so will post the outcome

jambuttie Fri 02-Jun-06 16:15:39

Still no further forward, all the info I have found doesn't state a rate

FioFio Fri 02-Jun-06 16:17:46

Message deleted

FioFio Fri 02-Jun-06 16:18:24

Message deleted

jambuttie Tue 06-Jun-06 16:36:56

Hiya

I got awarded extra tax credit on low rate dla[

Loobie Tue 06-Jun-06 21:27:46

It would appear that there is a rate for lower and middle rate care then a higher rate if your child receives higher rate care,this is known as a severe disability premium!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: