Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Vets error........bill demand two years later

(3 Posts)
triplets Mon 10-Jun-13 22:55:16

Hi............just over two years ago I had my beloved Tessie cat put to sleep here at home. She was my late sons cat and it felt like my last home link with Matthew gone, it was awful. The vet came and put her to sleep as I held her. I asked him how much I owed him and said I would like to pay it now as getting a bill in a months time would upset me. He waved his hand at me, I asked him again and he refused. I therefore took it as I never hear a word from them that out of kindness there was no charge. So I was surprised and upset to receive a bill with no explanation last Sat for £77 to be paid in 14 days. I phoned them this morning and asked why they had waited 2 years, I was told it was their error, they had given me a "wrong code". I told them I was given the impression he was not charging me. She said the vet no longer worked for them and therefore I must pay. It seems very poor customer service, I`d like to know what you think. I will pay it as it will worry me.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 10-Jun-13 23:01:57

As a vet myself I would ask to speak to one of the partners about why it has taken so long to bill you.
I run a practice and I have a cross checking system to make sure this doesn't happen.

TheseGoToEleven Mon 10-Jun-13 23:02:40

I think that is a disgrace! The vet no longer works there so that should be the end of it - the vet can neither confirm nor deny your story. And it was 2 years ago! Disgusting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now