Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

not impressed with cafcass report - how do judges view them?

(15 Posts)
7up Wed 24-May-06 18:26:29

might seem a daft question, but im really not impressed with the report ive just received. of course it states im a good mum blah blah blah, which i dont need telling anyway.

BUT its so in HIS favour, the ex who doesnt pay maintenance and shows no interest in ds or his health concerns. im sure he only gained access so he could slag me off and say i only allow him 1 hour a week (thats the courts choice by the way). the recommendations shes made for future access astound me!it also says he wants shared residence!that concerns me very much

7up Wed 24-May-06 20:52:38

bump

SenoraPostrophe Wed 24-May-06 20:55:07

have you asked your lawyer?

if he really has no interest in your ds, then I imagine even if he does get shared residence, he won't use it will he?

7up Wed 24-May-06 20:59:59

i personally dont think hes bothered, i think hes doing it too bitch at me, hes swanning off to brazil for a month in july and didnt think about not seeing his son for that long but the hes obviously pulled the wool over the welfare ladies eyes, she must have only been mid 20s and childless which makes her comments even more bloody infuriating. sorry, bit of a rant there

mummypumpkin Wed 24-May-06 21:09:28

What sort of stuff does it say 7up?

7up Wed 24-May-06 21:50:20

sorry mummupumpkin, got mate gassing on the phone about the report!

mummypumpkin Fri 26-May-06 13:14:22

7up - had a meeting with my sol yesterday. Firstly, the judge will in 99.9% of cases go with the Cafcass recommendations. Secondly, you are not allowed to discuss the Cafcass report with anyone - incl. your own family apparantly because the info held in it is so sensitive. So, have you spoken to your Sol? What's the next step for you? Our Cafcass report is to be filed in August. I know xp will get everything he wants and more...

slinkstah Fri 26-May-06 15:12:04

the caffcass cow in my situation said that she thought xp should have shared residency!!!! without going into details he was a violent mental tosser who beat me in front of the kids many occasions leaving me with broken ribs on one occasion

i lived 100 odd miles away too so shared residency was not even practical- i think caffcass and family law is crackers!

anyway in the end i got residency and he got half all holidays/weekends/halfterms/bankhols contact.
so much contact however i find it very difficult to arrange kids birthday parties, holidays, sleepovers with friends etc. one complete nightmare.

7up Fri 26-May-06 21:07:55

mummy and slinkstah, thanks for your replies, just got back from hospital with ds, now diagnosed with diabetes insipidus, absolutely knackered and havent unpacked yet. i emailed solicitor a long moan about the report before we went into hosp on wednesday and now i cant bloody access my email but shes sent a letter saying shes emailed me, bloody annoying. i think cafcass are absolutely crap!

must go and tend to my doped up child, will come back on tomorow. slinkstah i cant believe he gets that much, mummy i have discussed it with my mother but she supervises access so i think thats ok as she was mentioned in it

controlfreaky2 Fri 26-May-06 21:13:25

am family lawyer. cafcass officers are treated with considerable respect.... some deserve it.... others dont. you need to talk this through with your solicitor and need to clarify your own position.... what do you think should happen in dc's best interests... you dont have to agree with cafcass and nor does the judge but you do need to marshall your thoughts.. good luck!

glitterfairy Fri 26-May-06 21:32:45

7up feel free to cat me about this. I cannot talk here but am in a similar boat! Slinkstah i totally know how you feel.

There was an article about all this in the guardian three weeks ago and about cafcass and how useless some of their reports are.

7up Sun 28-May-06 10:53:57

glitterfairy, can you email me please clarelewin@talktalk.net.thanks

glitterfairy Sun 28-May-06 12:04:49

I have emailed you today 7up! Keep strong!

MadelineJones22 Thu 13-Oct-11 15:19:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

MadelineJones22 Thu 13-Oct-11 15:26:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now