Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do any freelancers/accountants know whether

(4 Posts)
bakedpotato Wed 24-May-06 09:11:24

instead of submitting receipts to the taxman, you can submit a credit card statement instead?
I'm thinking of getting one card for eveything work-related in the hope it will simplify the paperwork
Is this whistling in wind

Oblomov Wed 24-May-06 09:32:49

of course.
but you should still keep the / attach the original receipt from halfords, tesco etc to the statement.

bakedpotato Wed 24-May-06 11:45:33

does taxman really expect to see 99p receipts for new pens?

can i just submit the cc statement, or do you HAVE to send in receipts too?

motherinferior Wed 24-May-06 11:57:47

I think you have to send in receipts as well. I have one card and one account for all work-related stuff including my phone line, but my lovely accountant also makes me fill in a spreadsheet AND keep and file receipts.

Which really isn't overly onerous, honestly. But would recommend the one card and account and indeed phone line. It simplifies stuff marvellously.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: