Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Sunday pay day

(10 Posts)
delip Tue 21-May-13 18:42:19

Hi quick question I get paid on the 26th of every month and never really taken any notice on when it actually clears in the bank when the 26th lands on a sun. Anyone know which day it should actually be in my natwest account ?

LalyRawr Tue 21-May-13 18:46:37

Would presume the Friday before.

delip Tue 21-May-13 18:48:56

That's what I was hoping but because I've never really thought about it before, I thought I was being quite optimistic. Thanks x

ArabellaBeaumaris Tue 21-May-13 18:49:11

I would assume the Friday before too.

we DP gets paid last Friday of the month - it's a loooong month this time!

delip Tue 21-May-13 18:52:46

Thanks you've both reassured me. Payday last fri of the month must be a nightmare !!

bangersmashandbeans Tue 21-May-13 18:52:52

Yes I get paid on the 20th and it always clears on the Friday if that date falls on a weekend. Direct debits/standing orders will generally come out on the Monday.

LalyRawr Tue 21-May-13 18:54:43

This is why I love getting paid four weekly. I got paid twice in January!

sooperdooper Tue 21-May-13 18:57:52

Depends on the company, at my old job it was always the Friday before but in my new job it's the following Monday, irritating

MrAnchovy Wed 22-May-13 13:59:24

Ask your employer, there is no general rule.

ThingummyBob Wed 22-May-13 14:04:31

Natwest will let you have the funds on a Saturday if they are due to hit the account on the Monday. Only your employer knows when/how the payment is made so just ask smile
If its bacs it will likely be the Friday as Sat/Sun are not available as the day to hit accounts which you select when sending iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now