Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Timing of remortgage

(1 Post)
bigbutsrus1 Fri 17-May-13 14:29:03

We are all set to borrow another £15000 to do an extension (have some saved). I am already to book the deal for £99 & then you have to take it within 3 months - however..... Yesterday my DH was told by his boss that they "may" have to make some redundancies shock I am torn between just going for it & putting extra mortgage into an account & waiting till we need it, as only just at planning stage. DH job has done this before as in the trades but mine NHS is stable. It would only be £84 extra each month. Half of me feels sensible & thinks no just waithmm the other half just thinks go for it, rates are low, we need the space & we would have to wait for months if DH has a new job (payslips etc). We have no other debts apart from easily manageable mortgage. I have been dreaming & and planning this for ages - timing couldn't be worsehmmworst case senario would be we don't get planning - but all the other neighbours have it etc & only single story straightforward so not anticipating any hitches - what would you do!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now