Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone have any luck with Debenhams store card ppi?

(4 Posts)
Longdistance Fri 17-May-13 06:23:30

I have been pushed from pillar to post with them angry

Contacted Debenhams first, then Santander, then GE capital bank, and then got fed up and contacted the FOS, who then got me into contact with a company called Genworth. The reason why Santander wouldn't deal with it was because my card was taken out filled in for me pre 2005, actually it was around 1997.

I've now received a letter from Genworth saying they are redressing my complaint, and should hear from them soon. This letter was dated for March, and has taken two and a half months to arrive to Oz.

Has anyone else been through any of these loops, and had success?

Longdistance Fri 17-May-13 11:37:38

Bump.

Well, just phoned this Genworth company, and I've looked at all the post they sent me. It said conflicting things on both letters.

Basically, they've sent me a letter with an offer smile at last, but it's in the post, and hopefully should get it soon. Hurrah!

I do believe that looking at money saving expert and some posts on there people are receiving their money back after a battle like mine. Genworth are the underwriters, and are dealing with claims.

Building 11 Chiswick Park
566 Chiswick High Road
London
W45XR

0208 380 3000

I hope some of you find this useful.

I also believe that they may be dealing with Dorothy Perkins, Burton et al. All pre 2005 regulation claims.

Longdistance Sun 19-May-13 17:12:41

Bump, for anyone else going around in circles, and getting rejection letters from Santander.

2anddone Thu 23-May-13 23:15:13

Thanks I had a debengams card pre 2005 so do I just write to them and tell them, I don't have account numbers etc any more though and the card was in my maiden name at my parents address

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now