Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help!! HB claim form/ cert of earnings!!

(5 Posts)
CosmicG Wed 15-May-13 21:33:05

I've started working recently and so contacted my local council to let them know as i am claiming Housing Benefit. They sent me a change of circumstances form and my employer has to fill out certificate of earnings. But this section actually asks for details about my pay. I have not been paid yet as i have only just started this job!!! My claim has been suspended in the meantime. There is also an estimated earnings section on the form. Is my employer supposed to be filling that section out instead and then i send the payslips when i have them? I don't want to delay the claim. Anyone else been in this boat. Any advice?

mumtoprincesses Fri 17-May-13 17:11:01

I'm in the same situation at the moment. Housing benefit office gave me same form and told me to give it to employer to fill in with what they expect you to earn in next 5 weeks based on contracted hours. Hope this helps x

CosmicG Fri 17-May-13 19:49:29

i actually think its a bit embarrassing to have to ask my employer to fill these details in. There is an estimated earnings section on the form. Council has advised me to fill that section out instead rather than the next 5 weeks earnings.

ijustwanttobeme Fri 17-May-13 20:04:26

I am a Housing Benefits Officer, working for a London borough.

We ask claimants to get a COE completed with an estimate of what they might earn in the first five weeks/ two months of their new job.

This is so we can reassess the claim without having to wait till the first full pay slip comes in.

Should the wages be much different to what was declared on the COE, then a claimant should then provide these and the necessary adjustments will be made.

CosmicG Sun 19-May-13 17:18:35

hi i just want could you tell me if just filling out the estimated earnings section rather than the 5 weeks cert of earnings would be sufficient?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now