Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax Refund whilst on JSA?

(2 Posts)
ZombiesAteMyBaby Wed 08-May-13 17:36:58

I've just had a letter from DWP telling me I'm getting a tax refund. Up until last week I was claiming JSA (now on Income Support due to getting Carers Allowance). I've been on JSA since August when DH was made redundant. The thing is I haven't paid any income tax in over 12 years as I've been a SAHM. So how can I be entitled to a tax refund? confused Unless it's been transferred to me from DH because I was claiming for both of us. I'm totally confused, and worried I'll get a letter from them telling us it was a mistake at some point in the future.

HeySoulSister Wed 08-May-13 17:39:45

I got one too.... Not sure what it's about

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: