Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trustfund Vouchers (or whatever they're called)

(7 Posts)
Cakehead Thu 18-May-06 13:29:31

Anyone got any good advice as to where to put the government Trustfund voucher, the £250, that I was sent on the birth of my LO. I've been sitting on it for 9 months, not really knowing where to put it.

Most banks and building societies offer the 'locked account' which you need, but I'm completely bemused by all the different types available. I don't really want 'high risk'; but even the 'stakeholder' accounts come with loads of disclaimers, basically giving you no back-ups at all.

I need to invest my LO's fairly fast... Help appreciated!

SoupDragon Thu 18-May-06 13:30:43

Another thread here

Clare1976Lawrence Thu 18-May-06 13:44:12

Boots offer a CTF that you could start up using your voucher. They offer £20 boots vouchers as an incentive at the moment... I picked up a leaflet in a store, but I think you can do it online too.

Or Bounty, or Children's Mutual. I suspect they're all much of a much-ness.

maretta Thu 18-May-06 13:53:08

There's a really good article on www.moneysavingexpert.com. We've got an HSBC one and it seems to be doing OK.

marthaplatypus Thu 18-May-06 22:52:24

My two have Children's Mutual. We received £20 Mothercare vouchers per child too.

Cakehead Fri 19-May-06 19:00:33

Cheers - thanks for that.

SoupDragon Fri 19-May-06 19:28:41

Don't forget to find out how much the charges are.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: