Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone written their will/given enduring power of attorney?

(5 Posts)
006 Thu 18-May-06 09:35:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tarynsmummy Thu 18-May-06 18:13:22

Am thinking about gettin my will done, going seeing a solicitor about it tomoz. Never heard of 'enduring power of attorney'. Its about time I sorted things out, am a single parent, don't want dd to go to my ex or my parents, so my sister has said she will have her, if something happens to her then my other sister will take the reigns.

Kathy1972 Thu 18-May-06 18:18:01

We have just done our wills. Didn't do anything about enduring power of attorney (how likely it is we'd both be incapacitated? I could imagine us both being killed, eg in the same car accident, but both being incapacitated at the same time is surely less likely) but we did appoint my brother as guardian for dd and future children.
It's a good feeling when you get it done, 006.

frumpygrumpy Thu 18-May-06 18:25:49

We've had wills for a few years now. It felt very strange but gave me huge peace of mind in this changing world. And we are not married. I have three bits of good jewelry and I wanted to be sure my three each felt they had something personal so, for me, it was mostly about that. It did feel strange at the time though. You are doing the sensible thing though so keep going.

jamsam Fri 19-May-06 11:25:23

ive done a will giving my two sisters joint custody of the kids and asking them to continue with the fight against thier dad if he appears from underneath his stone again...the solicitor though that was rather funny..buti did stipulate that they should live together for aslong as possible and if the boys wanted to go seperate ways then the whole family be involved in the decision..just incase one decides to go back to africa with auntie..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: