Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What do you waste money on?

(17 Posts)
Earlybird Wed 17-May-06 17:04:23

For me, it's magazines and newspapers. I never make the time to read them properly, so skim and save them for later. Then, when I can't bear the ever-growing stacks, and figure they're out of date anyway, I bin them. It's like throwing a £10 note in the rubbish every week....

How do you waste money?

babyonboard Wed 17-May-06 17:17:22

Food!... i insist on a lovely dinner every night, even when we are trying to save. If I see some amazing cheese etc I have to buy it..

in the same vein, wine..i know cheaper bottles are nice but pay more for ones i know will be good

and definitly magazines..these days i can barely rad them but buy them out of habit..
I very much sympathise with that feeling of throwing them away unread

Pruni Wed 17-May-06 17:18:48

Message withdrawn

Crystaltips Wed 17-May-06 17:19:36

Food
Magazines
CLothes

southeastastra Wed 17-May-06 17:42:46

Lipstick and eye shadow that never suit me

hermykne Wed 17-May-06 17:46:53

earlybird but if u recycle then dont feel so bad about the stack pile!!!

me
coffees and muffins

noddyholder Wed 17-May-06 17:47:38

Magazines newspapers starbucks flowers

ComeOVeneer Wed 17-May-06 17:51:19

Flowers, magazines and kitchen gadgets.

Piffle Wed 17-May-06 17:57:48

gossip mags
chopped fresh pineapple cos its such a pain in the arse to peel yourself....
covent garden soup - its a daily habit that one

jellyjelly Wed 17-May-06 18:00:55

Used to be magazines and i would buy loads now i read the trashy ones and dont buy them that often maybe if there are a special article that i want to rip out them i will.

PanicPants Wed 17-May-06 18:05:00

mags, and eating out during w-ends - not posh places but garden centres and coffee shops whist shopping. We're nearly always out during the afternoon bottle, so we'll stop in a cafe to feed him, which means cups of coffee, and cakes etc

stripeybumpsmum Wed 17-May-06 18:27:30

My DH would argue I waste money on the internet connection being on line to Mumsnet all the time!

Earlybird Wed 17-May-06 19:36:09

I pay quarterly for a storage unit, and I barely remember what's in there. If I told them to just dump the lot, I'd never miss any of it. It's a complete waste of money, but somehow I never find the time to trek out there to sort through everything....it's out of sight, out of mind - until it's time to pay the bill.

NatalieJane Wed 17-May-06 19:42:51

Just asked DH what I waste money on, and he said 'silly useless nic-nacs from town' so I said 'like what?' and he said 'like strings of football lights and silly hats for me and DS'

So there you go.

Jessajam Wed 17-May-06 19:44:58

Buying lunch when I'm at work (from silly expensive sandwich van because based out in middle of nowhere)...why oh why can't I remember/bother to make a packed lunch???

Tommy Wed 17-May-06 19:47:05

food - I put it on the DSs' plates every day and then throw it in the dustbin

expatinscotland Wed 17-May-06 19:47:47

scrapbooking stuff

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: