Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mahoosive gas & leccy bill!

(4 Posts)
Kelliem Fri 26-Apr-13 16:31:57

Just received the bill from hell, sure that someone out there must be offering a better deal? Currently with M&S energy paying on the usual direct debit n stuff. Does anyone know anything about this kinda stuff?

AnAirOfHope Fri 26-Apr-13 16:38:50

Moneysaver.com and compare the engergy companies in your area and pick one, give them a call and see who can give you the best deal.

I like the fixed rate for 12 months as it helps to budget, so give a few companies a call and see who can offer the best rate.

Good luck, its a minefeild.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 26-Apr-13 16:43:19

I check a few of the comparison websites and see who is best - use you actual usage rather than your monthly payment to do the comparison. Moneysupermarket, uswitch, gocompare, comparethemarket, etc.

It is normally cheapest to take gas/electric from the same supplier, pay by direct debit and manage the account online

specialsubject Fri 26-Apr-13 18:24:15

moneysavingexpert.com have a tool to allow you to compare lots of tariffs.

I put in my monthly payment (Because I know that covers exactly what I use) and had the definition of mixed feelings on being told that I was on the cheapest tariff possible for my situation.

remember that ALL that matters is the unit rate, plus any standing charge. And that figure is bloody difficult to get out of the companies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now