Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

CSA Calculator

(3 Posts)
gabster14 Tue 23-Apr-13 15:41:24

I can a cross this new calculator for the CSA which shows the new charges. www.privateagreement.co.uk I am expected to pay (7%) to use this service but am more than willing to create a private agreement with my ex, it would save him a further 20% is family mediation service an option?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 23-Apr-13 16:38:34

Family mediation is always an option and is usually cheaper short-term than arguing about child support through a lawyer or collecting it through an agency. However, whatever method you use to reach the agreement and transfer the money, make sure it is documented and legally binding. People change or take on new commitments and, if you haven't got it properly sewn up at the outset, things can go awry.

gabster14 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:15:01

I had a good chat with him last night and he has agreed to try mediation thank you for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now