Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

URGENT - paypal question

(9 Posts)
Caribbeanqueen Mon 15-May-06 20:24:26

I need to know pretty quickly if a paypal payment from the USA can be made into a UK bank account.

It's quite a small amount so a cheque wouldn't be worth it after the charges.

Many thanks!

PavlovsDog Mon 15-May-06 20:25:26

you just get it into your paypal acct, then dowload it into your bank same as with uk payments

Caribbeanqueen Mon 15-May-06 20:26:20

I don't have a paypal account!

SoupDragon Mon 15-May-06 20:27:51

I think a PP payment can only go to Paypal. Set up an account? Find someone with one who'll take the payment send you a UK cheque?

Caribbeanqueen Mon 15-May-06 20:30:39

Thanks - I don't know anyone with one. I don't really want to set one up either as I wouldn't use it that often.

Maybe I'll have to go for the cheque.

SoupDragon Mon 15-May-06 20:31:47

I don't think you can do much with a US cheque though. Can you?

SoupDragon Mon 15-May-06 20:32:25

International money order? DD got one from Canada made out in sterling.

Caribbeanqueen Mon 15-May-06 20:37:11

They only do cheque or paypal. I think I'll go for the cheque and sort something out for next time.

Thanks for your help.

SofiaAmes Tue 16-May-06 14:30:20

caribbeanqueen, if it's just a small amount and you feel like trusting me. I'd be happy to have you use me as a go between. They can put it into my paypal account and I can then transfer equivalent from my uk account into yours.
Just CAT me if you need the help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: