Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits dropping the amount each week why!?

(7 Posts)
emz0909 Wed 17-Apr-13 07:23:32

Just a quick one.. For the past 3 weeks child tax are paying me different amounts getting lower each week. I rang up a few months ago letting them no about partners pay rise and they sent a letter adjusting payments. Fine.
But why do they keep getting lower. Last week is 36 this week is 33?
Anyone shed some light will ring them later when I get back from work
Thanks

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 17-Apr-13 09:02:55

I thought tax credits were paid monthly? Sounds like they are making a phased adjustment. Best to call.

emz0909 Wed 17-Apr-13 10:24:46

You can choose either weekly or monthly with child tax.
I get child benefit monthly as I work so can't have that weekly x

noisytoys Wed 17-Apr-13 13:51:50

We get our child tax every 4 weeks but ours went down too last payment everyone I know who claims tax credits have gone down

carrielou2007 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:21:37

I was allowed to change my tax credits to weekly as my previous childminder wanted to be paid weekly. I am a lone patent, working but on a low income so I get a little bit of working tax credit. I did ask could my child benefit also be paid weekly but was told no - they said only if I were not working. Law unto themselves!!

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 17-Apr-13 18:35:56

This has been happening to our working tax credits, no idea why.

IRCL Thu 18-Apr-13 12:05:36

Have you checked your award notice? At the end it usually tells you your provisional payments from April 13 - 14.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now