Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax Credit and disability element

(5 Posts)
pansyflimflam Mon 01-Apr-13 19:12:08

Can someone explain to me what the cut off point for tax credits is with regard to the severe disability element is. Does the disability bit (for a child) still apply even if the income is too high to get WTC?

TIA

PersonalClown Mon 01-Apr-13 19:14:00

We still get CTC with the severe disability element. Haven't qualified for WTC in years.

pansyflimflam Mon 01-Apr-13 19:19:51

So I know I am being stupid here but say if you earned like 60k or something, would you still be entitled to claim CTC and/or the disability element?

pansyflimflam Mon 01-Apr-13 19:22:10

It is really hard to find but this info on their site without inputting a load of information but there are 5 children, 2 of whom are disabled and one severely. Would you seriously get money if you earned this much?

lougle Thu 11-Apr-13 10:02:58

It's very easy to use turn 2 us to work it out.

I've just inputted 5 children, one disabled, one severely disabled, with one parent working and the other being eligible for carer's allowance, and it gives an entitlement of £54.98 per week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now