Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

claiming tax back from PAYE?

(5 Posts)
FrameyMcFrame Mon 01-Apr-13 16:37:05

I think I have pasid too much tax last year, can I claim it back from April the 1st? How long does it take?
Also, does my employer get involved or is it just inland revenue?

LIZS Mon 01-Apr-13 16:38:36

Ring HMRC.

BMW6 Tue 02-Apr-13 22:37:54

Write to HMRC explaining why you think that you have overpaid tax 2011/12, and ask for an assessment and explanation.

MrAnchovy Wed 03-Apr-13 00:00:51

Official information and contact details here.

MrAnchovy Wed 03-Apr-13 00:03:15

And no your employer is not involved (except that they need to comply with normal PAYE reporting requirements).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now