Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much...

(3 Posts)
gtedder1 Wed 20-Mar-13 19:34:30

hiya, i too want to go back to work part time. i did a benefits checker online to see if i wud be worse off but it turns out i would be better off financially.Especially, with universal credit replacing our current benefit system, it seems as though, we wud be better off at work. you would still get help from the govt. How much you get will depend on your earnings. Do you currently get full HB and council tax benefit? Because you will probably be expected to pay something towards them. But you will get working tax credits to top up your income.

QueenBee245 Wed 20-Mar-13 18:52:25


QueenBee245 Wed 20-Mar-13 18:33:01

I'm trying to work out if I would receive any help if I go back to work part time
The advice on the Internet is so varied
I will hopefully be offered a job part time (16 hours a week)
I am a lone parent currently receiving income support and DC is 3, attends nursery in the afternoon but the job would be in the morning DC would need childcare for the morning period
I really want to go back to work, I hate living off the government, pre DC I worked full time for a number of years and I hate this situation that I am in, however I don't want to accept a job and find myself in a worse situation as I can't afford to pay rent or childcare
Any advice would be much appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now