Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Support Agency advice

(5 Posts)
lottieandmia Wed 20-Mar-13 09:32:25

It is indeed. I think in reality, you only have a hope of getting child support if the NRP isn't a complete waste of space and has a good, steady job. Otherwise as you say, they will do anything to avoid paying. The thing is though, he doesn't live in the UK most of the time. As he doesn't speak English well he is limited to working in places where he knows the person who owns the business. So if he's forced to leave it means he'll leave the UK. I think I owe it to my daughter to try though.

BenjaminButton172 Wed 20-Mar-13 07:05:24

They dont routinely make checks. If you contact them and tell them where he is working they will probably contact that place to check.

I think all systems should be linked so as soon as the nrp starts a job the csa are told or can do a search through hmrc.

The csa is a very slow process.

lottieandmia Wed 20-Mar-13 02:25:49

Thanks Benjamin. So they can't check to see if someone is on a PAYE? Because last time they told me they had looked to see if he was and he was not which was why they closed the case.

BenjaminButton172 Tue 19-Mar-13 22:04:29

Everytime the csa asked for money from my ex he left his job and got another one. According to the csa it was up to me to tell them where he was working.

Give them a phone and tell them what you know. Theres no harm in asking.

lottieandmia Tue 19-Mar-13 19:35:38

I have a 4 year old dd whose father disappeared before she was born and has never shown any interest in her. When she was about 9 months old I found out that he was working quite near us and I knew the name of the place so I started a claim with the CSA. It seemed to be going ok and the CSA called me to say that they had established that he was working there. Then about 2 weeks later they phoned to say that he was not working there after all and the case was closed. I thought this was odd.

I have now found out that he is now working in Leeds or somewhere around there. Would I be able to start a new claim against him? I think I would be able to find out the name of the place he works. The CSA told me that if they can find the person on a PAYE then they can start a deduction of earnings order. I am just wondering if I would be able to start a case again when the previous one was closed.

Any advice greatfully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now