Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Personal Injury Cover?

(4 Posts)
MyNameIsAnAnagram Wed 13-Mar-13 20:11:37

Thanks, we need to speak to an ifa soon anyway about something else so will add it to the list. At least I know there are such products out there.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 13-Mar-13 19:58:54

Yes there are mine pays out £30,000 if I loose a big toe. But again you really need to speak to an IFA as many if the Internet purchase policies have slippery terms and conditions.
They would also get you to look at permanent health insurance pays out monthly rather than lump sum and critical illness policy as well. I'm not saying you need them all it depends on your circumstances.

Notmadeofrib Wed 13-Mar-13 19:21:40

speak to an IFA, there are lots of options but it will depend on many things and is not something I would recommend purchasing on the internet. The T&C's count here and it is not a price driven purchase.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Wed 13-Mar-13 15:21:56

Are there any policies that pay out a decent amount for injury cover? Prompted by someone we know having a sporting accident with severe lifechanging implications, DH and I have been thinking about getting some cover but the only ones we can find (admittedly not looked for hours!) only pay out upto about 30K for things like paralysis. Thanks to DH's job we know that the implications ie house move / conversion / long term care etc could well cost a lot more for a really serious injury, but are there any policies that would pay out such sums?

Sorry for the depressing topic, it's one of these things you think will never happen to you isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now