Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Local council tax support, replaces council tax benefit

(2 Posts)
gtedder1 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:15:59

yeah, i just found out about this today. Do you know how i can find out, what percent of council tax i will have to pay. I live in North Kent.

Rockmouse Thu 07-Mar-13 12:34:12

I just read the changes this replacement of council tax benefit is going bring, for my local council rochford. Everyone will be paying a minimum of 20% of council tax, all benefit capped to a band d at the most, child maintenance payment will count as income, plus other changes. Looked into other councils rules ( about 10) and they all have differant changes, but they all have said that everyone will have pay something towards council tax if you are of a working age.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: