Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I think I paid too much tax this financial year, what do I do?

(4 Posts)
motherofvikings Thu 07-Mar-13 08:58:38

Oooh! Sounds like I might have paid too much. A rebate would be v nice! smile


MrAnchovy Thu 07-Mar-13 08:53:47

If your earnings for the year to November were more than £5,400 you will have paid too much tax - probably £540 too much.

You can claim this back by filling in a P50 form (you can get it here) and sending it to HMRC with your P45.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 07-Mar-13 07:54:36

It's not long until the end of the tax year... April 5th. There's an easy to use income tax calculator here to give you an idea if you've overpaid. You can then call HMRC or go to their website here where you'll find information on how to reclaim overpaid tax and forms to complete and submit.

motherofvikings Thu 07-Mar-13 07:45:18

I was working until November last year. But then we relocated and I hae since become a sahm.
I think I might have paid too much tax because of this.

How do I find out?
How do I claim it back if I have?

TIA! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: