Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Career break? What am I allowed to claim?

(4 Posts)
NatashaBee Fri 08-Feb-13 12:04:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Fri 08-Feb-13 11:57:02

If your live-in partner is working, you might be entitled to some tax credits (if he earns less than £26K/annum).

LadyKooKoo Fri 08-Feb-13 11:54:56

Go to Entitled To and you will be able to find out.

MildDrPepperAddiction Fri 08-Feb-13 11:33:31

First thread from me, looking for some advice/info.

I'm currently on ML and am contemplating a career break while children are so small as childcare for two is so expensive and would take most of my salary.

We don't currently get tax credits or anything. Would I be entitled to this if I were to take a career break? Anything else?

Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now