Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity allowance when self employed, prove of income

(9 Posts)
Bluemonkeyspots Tue 05-Feb-13 12:57:34

Mumma the most difficult part of the form is deciding if you want the money 2 or 4 weekly.

You do need to send of your mat b1 form as well but my midwife gave me one without asking at my 28 week appointment.

MummaBarn Tue 05-Feb-13 12:53:08

Oh wonderful thank you everyone!!! great help!! was getting a little concerned, as normally you have to fill millions of forms in if your missing information!!! thanks again!!! x grin

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 05-Feb-13 12:49:14

Bugger was feeling all important there but others beat me to it sadgrin

NickNacks Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48:51

X posts!

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48:40

Ohhh me me I can help!!!

I've just done it.

You don't have to prove your income, as long as you have been paying class 2 you just fill in the right part of the form and you get the higher rate (think it's about £140 a week)

Form was very easy and I'm just waiting in hearing back from them.

NickNacks Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48:31

You don't need to. You just get the current rate of MA for up to 39 weeks if your class 2's are up to date. smile

professorpoopsnagle Tue 05-Feb-13 12:47:30

You don't need to. If you have paid the class 2 stamp for the right period, you will receive MA, regardless of your income.

cupcake78 Tue 05-Feb-13 12:46:19

No idea but I'm in a similar position so marking my place

MummaBarn Tue 05-Feb-13 12:44:06

Hello!! I'm a self employed childminder and this is my 1st year as self employed so have no tax return. I'm Due in June and have been paying NI class 2 so can get MA. how do i prove my income??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now