Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity allowance when self employed, prove of income

(9 Posts)
MummaBarn Tue 05-Feb-13 12:44:06

Hello!! I'm a self employed childminder and this is my 1st year as self employed so have no tax return. I'm Due in June and have been paying NI class 2 so can get MA. how do i prove my income??

cupcake78 Tue 05-Feb-13 12:46:19

No idea but I'm in a similar position so marking my place

professorpoopsnagle Tue 05-Feb-13 12:47:30

You don't need to. If you have paid the class 2 stamp for the right period, you will receive MA, regardless of your income.

NickNacks Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48:31

You don't need to. You just get the current rate of MA for up to 39 weeks if your class 2's are up to date. smile

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48:40

Ohhh me me I can help!!!

I've just done it.

You don't have to prove your income, as long as you have been paying class 2 you just fill in the right part of the form and you get the higher rate (think it's about £140 a week)

Form was very easy and I'm just waiting in hearing back from them.

NickNacks Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48:51

X posts!

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 05-Feb-13 12:49:14

Bugger was feeling all important there but others beat me to it sadgrin

MummaBarn Tue 05-Feb-13 12:53:08

Oh wonderful thank you everyone!!! great help!! was getting a little concerned, as normally you have to fill millions of forms in if your missing information!!! thanks again!!! x grin

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 05-Feb-13 12:57:34

Mumma the most difficult part of the form is deciding if you want the money 2 or 4 weekly.

You do need to send of your mat b1 form as well but my midwife gave me one without asking at my 28 week appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now