Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(2 Posts)
GinandJag Mon 21-Jan-13 18:13:10

You can get a Family and Friends, but need to travel with a fare paying child.

The other main option is a Young Person's railcard if you are under 26.

If you can't get this, then make sure you book your tickets in advance.

Another option is to fly. You can get BA tickets for about £35 each way.

oscarthegrouch Mon 21-Jan-13 16:43:31

myself and dp are going to be travelling to see eachother from edinburgh to london every couple weeks by train. I was going to see if I could buy a railcard to make this a bit cheaper for us both. Can you get one for a single person or are they only for families travelling?. Was wondering how on earth commuters afforded it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now