Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Full-time to part-time, will I get a tax rebate?

(2 Posts)
PixieHot Sun 20-Jan-13 20:28:33

I'm about to go from FT to PT within the same job / organisation, and wondered whether I will be eligible for a tax rebate? If so, will it happen automatically, or do I need to do something?

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 21-Jan-13 08:52:54

Best to start with your employer and make sure that your new income is taxed correctly and that you have the right tax code. It all rather depends on how much you've earned so far in the tax year and whether you've earned over particular thresholds as to whether you'll get anything back or not. If you think you are due a rebate then you can put in a call to HMRC ... more information here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: