Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Car insurance for friend to use in conjunction with work / good car insurance brokers

(5 Posts)
Amaris Fri 18-Jan-13 11:54:29

I had agreed with a friend that he can use my car to travel to and from work and meetings, as I don't use it much and it will help me with costs, and it means that he doesn't need to buy a new car. I thought this would be a fairly common occurrence in the recession, but I can't find insurance to cover him for work trips that are not just to and from his office but to other venues for meetings. If he was my spouse it would be fine, and if we worked for the same business it would be fine. It never occurred to me that this would be a problem.

Has anyone had experience of this and how did you get around it? Or can anyone recommend me a good car insurance broker? I have tried local ones and not got anywhere.

TIA!

ClareMarriott Fri 18-Jan-13 16:12:06

Try Norman Butcher and Jones Ins Brokers on tel no 020 8290 6900

Amaris Fri 18-Jan-13 17:11:33

Thanks!

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 18-Jan-13 22:49:23

Aviva do a policy that is only available on line ( not through brokers) for exactly this kind of situation.

Amaris Sat 19-Jan-13 18:33:21

Thanks lonecat I got to an Aviva one in the end - although through a broker. I still find it strange that it was so difficult to find - it seems strange that I can add someone for a few quid for a year to drive to the pub every night, but not to make a few trips a month down the road to a work meeting! I guess it's the sort of thing that will become more common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now