Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Pension changes - SAHM question...

(5 Posts)
Moominsarehippos Wed 16-Jan-13 15:14:42

After 15 years working I took a break to be a SAHM. Went back to work at a much lower salary level (p/t paying basic taxes).

How will this all affect my state pension or will I be working until I am 98?

MrAnchovy Wed 16-Jan-13 15:54:47

You can find out exactly how you stand now here.

Changes currently proposed may change this, but there is not much point speculating on how.

Moominsarehippos Wed 16-Jan-13 16:00:46

Aw, bollocks.

housesalehelp Wed 16-Jan-13 21:26:58

if you were getting CB you will be getting credits for state pension

Viviennemary Wed 16-Jan-13 22:31:01

Under the new rules coming in (not for a few years) you will need 35 years of NI contributions. You can have I think a maximum of 12 years accredited for being at home looking after children. So that's 23 years you will have to work to get a full pension. So hopefully not until your 98!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: