Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

HMRC Paying Tax help!! please!!

(3 Posts)
steppyhen Sun 13-Jan-13 22:39:49

hi mums netters! been selling alot on ebay to make a profit at the minute and changed account to a business one , what do i do now do i register with HMRC? and if so what do i need to do i have been looking on the HMRC and I am struggling ! I currently work full time and pay tax and NI. Looking to make this a good business on the side to working also please help! need to get this right!!!
many thanks

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 14-Jan-13 07:41:51

Have a look at the HMRC site section on Self Employment. I'd recommend you get a local accountant to help you work out what your declared profits are, VAT if relevant, and then you'll have to complete a self assessment form.

ShakeWellBeforeOpening Mon 14-Jan-13 09:48:18

Registered to do a self assessment tax return -all very simple if you already have a PAYE earnings and have a second self employed income.

You must registered with HMRC as soon as possible after setting up business - I think they is a time that you must registered within.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: