Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

On bens, gov says I am allowed to earn £20, how do I, or do I have to declare it?

(3 Posts)
piratecat Sat 12-Jan-13 10:34:30

that's it really. someone i know needs a hand for a couple of hours a week, and I could help. If one is allowed to keep it, does there have to be a formal bit of paper about it. I have searched online and can't find any answers about declaring it. Obv it's well below any tax.NI level.

SuperLoudPoppingAction Sat 12-Jan-13 10:52:25

You do have to declare it. If you're on JSA you declare it when you sign on, I think. You're allowed to earn a bit more - they just take the extra off your benefits.

piratecat Sat 12-Jan-13 17:57:16

ok, thankyou. Wasn't sure how one would tell them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: