Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

One more question re child benefit :/

(3 Posts)
Chippychop Sun 06-Jan-13 22:17:04

I'm claiming JSA -contribution based only. I have to be claiming NI so i can claim an unemployment insurance. My Dh earns 70+ so we have top opt out/pay more tax through SA. I will have to fill out SA this year as I have a small
unearned income. My
question is should I continue to claim the CB in order to get my NI contributions after nov when my insurance runs out and therefore the need to claim JSA. Hope that makes sense. Thx so much

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 06-Jan-13 23:02:50

Continue to claim the CB and have your DH do a SA the same as you do. He could well be paying too much tax and be able to claim a rebate which will offset some of the CB clawback

Chippychop Mon 07-Jan-13 10:07:48

Thx for your response. I'll do that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: