Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Benefit - do we have to request continuation or is just stopping the benefit?

(3 Posts)
maggiethecat Thu 03-Jan-13 16:57:51

Dh's income means that CB will stop. We intend to continue claiming and then pay back at end of year since we already do self-assessment.

Do we need to inform revenue of this intention?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 03-Jan-13 17:44:59

You don't have to do anything except, when it is time to complete the SA, tick the box that says you get Child Benefit. I would imagine, depending on the amount, it will be dealt with as an adjustment to the tax-code rather having to hand over a large cheque. In the meantime, keep the CB payments to one side perhaps.

maggiethecat Thu 03-Jan-13 18:26:17

Ok -will set it aside in an account.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: