Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

JSA decision

(9 Posts)
lottie63 Wed 02-Jan-13 06:50:40

Applied online for contribution-based JSA. Just received letter saying they re not going to pay me any. My circumstances are no different from last time I applied (in summer; I found work Sept-Dec)

Bit confused really. Woman during appt (which I subsequently had) said there d been alot of confusion re online applications (system going wrong etc)

Anyone else experienced similar or have any ideas?

RedHelenB Wed 02-Jan-13 09:27:25

Can't see why - have you claimed it for 6 months already?

titchy Wed 02-Jan-13 09:43:53

Have you worked/signed on for 50 weeks out of 52 for the last three years? If not you won't have the full amount of NI conts to claim contribution based jsa.

lottie63 Wed 02-Jan-13 11:53:46

I claimed July to Sept last year and was awarded it so I presumably had enough NI 5 months ago. I m wondering now if they paid me when they shouldnt have and will ask for it back. All the info I gave was accurate re my circumstances

LIZS Wed 02-Jan-13 11:58:18

Did you pay enough NI in that period , how well paid was the job ?

starfishmummy Wed 02-Jan-13 12:05:18

I am assuming you claimed in December, in which case they will be looking at the same years for NI contributions as they did last time. So have you used up your 6 months entitlement - was there a previous claim before the one in july, as they might all link together.

The people you see at the jobcentre don't assess your claim (and many of them wouldn't know how to), also they only have access to limited info - you need to speak to someone at your benefit centre/benefit delivery centre; who will be able to look at your full record - your jobcentre will be able to give you the number.

lottie63 Wed 02-Jan-13 18:41:02

Yes, claimed on17 December. Only used up 3 months of contribution-based entitlement soshoul still be eligible.

LIZS Wed 02-Jan-13 18:42:44

Did you resign ?

lottie63 Thu 03-Jan-13 06:38:58

No. Contract came to an end

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now