Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(6 Posts)
Sallbee Sat 22-Dec-12 12:59:57

Hi new to this--can anyone help as all benefit offices are closed until 2/1/13!!
I have been awarded the low rate mobility and care on DLA will this entitle me to any help with rent and council tax??? :@/

CogitOCrapNotMoreSprouts Sat 22-Dec-12 14:45:45

Have you put your details into the online benefits checker at That's quite a reliable way to see what you may be entitled to.

Sallbee Sat 22-Dec-12 19:48:25

Thank you very much I will try that.

Rockchick1984 Sat 22-Dec-12 19:51:36

DLA alone won't entitle you to help with rent or council tax, they are means tested benefits so are based on your total income. If you receive tax credits they may increase due to the disability element.

Groovee Wed 26-Dec-12 18:29:53

I just get low rate DLA and no other benefits.

tribpot Wed 26-Dec-12 18:39:19

You can receive a discount on your Council Tax if you use a wheelchair indoors, or have had to make modifications to the inside of the property because of mobility difficulties. Worth checking your Council's website.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: