Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

can anyone recommend any good mortgage companies & FA's please

(6 Posts)
mymatemax Sat 15-Dec-12 22:46:41

We need to release some of the equity in our property. We would like to do this on an interest only basis.
We are happy to remortgage or take a secured loan as will be selling our home very shortly afterwards.
House will go on the market in January but will need to access some of the money in February, even if we are lucky enough to get a buyer immediately sale will not be completed in time.
We have more equity in our home than we need to raise in the short term.
When we sell the entire debt will be paid off with the remainder of the £ invested, we will not be buying another home for the next 8-10 yrs.

Does anyone have any cunning plans or recommendations of good Financial advisors, although i am being very vague there really is nothing dodgy & no risk attached, the only uncertanty being the risk of not selling quickly.
We could just remortgage but will pay a hefty early redemption fee as all seem to have a tie in period.

BabysPointlessPocket Sun 16-Dec-12 15:06:25

We always use London & Country mortgage brokers when we need to remortgage, they are fantastic, very efficient and always get us the best deal and what we want without us doing any of the leg work Here

finlaysmum12 Mon 24-Dec-12 16:27:09

HIGHLY recommend CHARCOL . whole of market,fee-free.they are great.have used them for the last 3 re-mortgages i needed.
Have also used London and country-they are whole of market too,but i THINK they may charge a fee.

finlaysmum12 Mon 24-Dec-12 16:29:01

oops, its L&C i have used recently who are free, and charcol in the past,who I think charge a fee!

financialwizard Mon 31-Dec-12 21:30:39

Charcol do charge a fee from the client, L&C charge a fee to the lender.

Your local Estate Agent may have a mortgage consultant who can help as well. Don't knock them, they are not all bad.

mymatemax Tue 01-Jan-13 02:30:22

Thanks for the info, started getting quotes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now