Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Benefits application - how long?

(5 Posts)
silversnow Wed 12-Dec-12 14:25:20

Hi, long-time MNer with a name change!

I have recently seperated from DH and have applied for working tax credit and child tax credit for the first time. I'm just wondering how long these applications take to get processed? To say I could do with the money is an understatement! I applied about 3 weeks ago.... Thanks!

CogitOCrapNotMoreSprouts Thu 13-Dec-12 07:25:36

I don't think there is any standard waiting time. Would recommend, rather than waiting patiently, you start making calls to the Tax Credits Helpline. Applications can easily go astray and, if you need the money, it pays to follow it up rather than let more days tick by. Good luck

WildWorld2004 Sat 15-Dec-12 23:21:11

If left to them to sort out it can take a few months. I would keep phoning them maybe once a week. They might process it quicker.

silversnow Mon 17-Dec-12 00:01:30

Ok thanks, I'll phone the helpline tomorrow.

Yogagirl17 Mon 17-Dec-12 00:17:54

Phoning to chase it up does sometimes help. Also, don't know if it's much of a comfort, but once they come through they will be backdated to when you applied. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now