Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits overpayment?? Help!

(4 Posts)
piglettsmummy Thu 22-Nov-12 16:17:59

My and ex p split in may and I found out in July we had been overpaid £300 quid. Decided we'd both split it but he has to phone Hmrc to clarify the repayment. If I pay t half and he doesn't pay his what happens? Wi I still be as liable as him for it? X

Rockchick1984 Thu 22-Nov-12 23:03:52

Who's name is on the tax credits / child benefit application?

piglettsmummy Fri 23-Nov-12 18:58:56

It was an old joint claim. Ive sorted it now! Coz it was an old claim I have to make a debit payment to them so it can't be taken from my new benefit and of I pay my half they won't bother me and will go after him then! Mwahahahaha grin

TCAO Tue 08-Jan-13 01:18:10

Who's name is on the tax credits / child benefit application?

Both of their names. Tax Credits isnt in one persons name, it is a joint claim

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: