Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Home Insurance above Commercial Property

(5 Posts)
Albert Fri 16-Nov-12 12:18:41

I'm just completing the purchase of a two bed flat above a pizza restaurant and I need to get it insured. It's unfurnished and I will be renting it out. Can anyone recommend a suitable insurance company as I know that many won't deal with such properties. It's the first time I've bought property so I'm not even sure where to start especially as I'm not in England. Thanks.

Rockchick1984 Fri 16-Nov-12 12:27:05

Your mortgage adviser should be able to advise you, as buildings insurance is a stipulation of your mortgage smile

Albert Fri 16-Nov-12 12:31:34

I'm in the very fortunate position of not having a mortgage and therefore no adviser, hence the problem. Sorry, probably should have said that in the first post but I'm a bit embarrassed at it blush

Rockchick1984 Fri 16-Nov-12 14:06:35

No problem. If its landlord's insurance you want I think Direct Line landlord's insurance would be suitable so I would think they would also be happy to offer buildings insurance on its own if that was all you were looking for smile

Albert Fri 16-Nov-12 14:36:18

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: