Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Filling in Maternity Allowance form - a couple of questions. Thanks

(2 Posts)
DueInSeptember Mon 05-Nov-12 12:05:26

Just fillling in the maternity allowance form (am Self Employed on a very ad-hoc basis).

It asks which days do you normally work - and lists the days of the week to tick. Well, I work when I feel like it and don't do any set days, but may work any of those days, but don't work them every week. Should I tick them all?

It also asks 'What dates were you registered self employed?', should I put the current date (and write present date) or the date I started maternity leave. I am still self employed, just that I have temporarily stopped working due to baby.

Not sure and it doesn't make it clear.

Thanks a lot.

Ginshizz Mon 05-Nov-12 18:45:35

Hi, I am in the same boat re working days - I ticked Monday through to Saturday ... Seems to have been fine and I didn't have any problems with getting maternity allowance.

I think you should use the present date as you are still self employed even on maternity leave. As I understand it, the maternity allowance includes payment of your class 2 NI which carries on throughout maternity leave.

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now